Friday, October 27, 2006

The Cut and Run Republicans

With friends like these Bush needs no enemies

From the WaPo:

"Staying the course is neither an option nor a plan. Congress must be willing to reassess and re-chart our future military presence in Iraq."
Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine)

"If I knew then what I had known now, on the weapons of mass destruction, which was a key reason I voted the way I did, I would not have voted to go into Iraq."
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tex.)

"I can't defend how the president laid out the need for [going to war in Iraq]. I don't support Rumsfeld."
Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-Ohio)

"You can have a bad week, you can have two bad weeks, but when you have two bad months, you have to reassess. You cannot afford to lose the numbers we are losing now and just keep slugging away."
Rep. Anne M. Northup (Ky.)

"I think that the strategy of 'staying the course' is not a strategy at all. It doesn't work."
Rep. John E. Sweeney (R-N.Y.)

Rumsfeld Tells Iraq Critics to 'Back Off'

From the NYTimes:

“We are on the verge of chaos, and the current approach is clearly not working.”
Jill Hazelbaker, spokeswoman for Thomas H. Kean Jr., the Republican candidate for the Senate from New Jersey

Bush Focuses on Iraq as G.O.P. Tries to Change Subject


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home