Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Pageantry of the World Cup

Some photos from the past two days--the top being a gathering near city hall in Seoul, South Korea to watch their team's game yesterday (which looks quite familiar--I was in the middle of many similar throngs at the last World Cup in SK four years ago), and the bottom a gathering of German fans in Hamberg before today's German game against Poland.



worldcup-germanflags

I'll be going really dark tomorrow as I'm planning on watching the England game tomorrow night with friends (it'll be played at 9am here on the Pacific coast)--thus I'll be avoiding any and all news-related sites and just focusing on my freelance work.

[PS] Found this reader's comment in The Guardian's daily soccer email newsletter, The Fiver, on previous discussion of the quality of American beer: "American beer is like making love in the bottom of a boat ... effing close to water!" I'll be drinking Boddington's tomorrow night...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home