Monday, June 12, 2006

Back from LA

Spent the weekend in La-La-Land (aka, home of the body bag) visiting friends after Mrs. F gave a well-attended panel presentation at the AIA convention. Now we're back home in Seattle and back to work... well, I'll have a lighter morning doing some work while watching the US v Czech Republic World Cup game. In the last World Cup, I got to go to South Korea with pals Babs and J and we saw three US games. They were quite impressive four years ago, and while I think they'll make it to the second round, I don't think they'll get into the quarter finals like they did last time.

The game's just starting and I'm already a little pissed at the USA-USA-USA-centric broadcast on ESPN. Yes, yes, I know where I live. But part of the magic of the World Cup is the pageantry of all these nations coming together. And as soon as the US national anthem ended, and before the Czech anthem could even begin, ESPN quickly whooshed to a commercial.

Anyhoo, I still am weighed down with bags of work and we've got lots of travel coming up, so things will continue to be rather dark for the next couple of weeks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home