Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Robert Altman Tribute

A couple of videos dedicated to one of my favorite directors, who passed away last night. First, from Popeye (which is an under-rated classic, IMHO)



The amazing continuous opening shot of The Player (all 8 minutes of it):



And finally, a bit of fun from this last summer's Prairie Home Companion (though not completely successful, the performances were downright enjoyable):



: : : : : : : : : :

Go to the Cracks in the Facade main page.



Digg! | Del.icio.us! Del.icio.us


2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger kat said...

Ah good, a fellow "Popeye" fan. I was discussing Altman today with some co-workers over lunch and professing my complete adoration for Popeye. My colleague started sputtering because I guess he'd never heard the words "Shelly Duvall" and "inspired bit of casting" together in the same sentence before.

Anyway, RIP Robert Altman. My list of favorite living directors has now whittled down to 2: John Sayles and Ang Lee.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Agen said...

Yessss!!! Where's Hambone - he loves Popeye...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home