Saturday, September 23, 2006

Needless to say...

I'm on a quest for the perfect toaster oven for the Cracks Centraal kitchen, and it's hard (as noted in this previous post about the Michael Graves model, which we're still using until we find a new one... and it's getting even slowwwwer). It's seeming well nigh impossible to find a 4-slice model that will suffice our quality and measurement standards. In fact, toaster ovens seem to have gone the way of Detroit, with SUV-sized models with loads of features I'll never use. I was thinking of just biting the bullet and getting a cheapo Toastmaster, but this review was warning enough:
Our toastmaster oven caught fire over the weekend. We were lucky that the toaster oven was the only casualty. Of course there was also the mess to clean up after the use of the fire extinguisher. It could have been disastrous. I think we only had the toaster oven for barely 6 months. I will not be buying this model again.
Indeed. Anyhoo, I'm off to explore the 6-slice models...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home