Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Big Dog

Bill Clinton was on The Daily Show, and YouTube member tfrancell has uploaded the appearance in two parts:



and



He was also the subject of a verrrrrry lengthy feature in last week's New Yorker, which unfortunately is not online. If you've got access to the mag, it's a great read, with David Remnick following Big Dog around Africa as he tries his best to save the world via his Clinton Global Initiative. If you don't have the mag, Rachel Sklar serves up some tasty tidbits over at the HuffPo's Eat The Press section:
  • Clinton on Rove: "I am sick of Karl Rove's bullshit."
  • Clinton on the Kerry campaign: "Like a deer caught in the headlights."
  • Chelsea on her father's handling of the AIDS crisis after writing a thesis on the subject at Oxford: "I gave you a grade," she told her father. "What did I get?" Clinton asked. "C-plus." Her rationale: "You didn't do nearly enough. But you did more than anyone else in the world."
  • Clinton on dying: "I've reached an age now where it doesn't matter whatever happens to me...I just don't want anyone to die before their time anymore."
  • Clinton on puncutality, as expressed in being 15 minutes late to meet with Nelson Mandela, per Remnick: "Astonishingly, he will make anyone wait for him, even a global patriarch who is presumably his moral hero."
  • Clinton on the Bush administration: "It just makes me mad...I just wish I were there trying to articulate an alternative vision."
  • On the fact that he is not: "You have to bloom where you're planted."


2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last quote was priceless. Is it a Clinton original or a common saying that I somehow have missed?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Agen said...

I have a feeling that might be more common in the vernacular of the South. I'll have to ask Mrs. F or Old Fogey about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home