Sunday, November 20, 2005

From our Far Flung Facade Correspondents

Got an interesting couple of tidbits from my step-sister McL (distributed by my step-mom CB), who's currently working in Jordan (and who had also recently spent time at one of the hotels that was bombed in Amman).
As we all know now, although the attacks were on hotels that cater to “Western” guests, the people that suffered were, for the most part, hardworking, unassuming Jordanians.
[...]
On the way out the door, the weekly advertising circular had a “Jordan First” bracelet (in the Live Strong style, but black with Arabic lettering, of course). I immediately put mine on and asked the first shopkeeper I saw that day if I could have a couple more. He had to scramble around a bit, but gave me two. I’ve since asked elsewhere, and they’re such a hot commodity that you can’t even purchase them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home