Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tunes of 2006: Hot Chip

As we head into the upcoming Festive week, things are quieting down a bit and I'll have more of an opportunity to get back to some blog posts. It's been an off-kilter December with a schload of work, illness, and my Grandmother's passing, so I'm looking forward to some normalcy.

Over the course of the next week, I'm going to highlight some of my fave music from the past year, some of which will have made it onto my year-end discs (which I'll post next weekend). But some, like this number from the UK electro-pop collective Hot Chip didn't (frankly due to space considerations and the musical flow that I ended up with). Their 2006 album, The Warning (iTunes | Amazon) is chock-full of catchy numbers (though their repetitive electronica tends to annoy Mrs. F--another reason they didn't make it to the year-end CDs), and the accompanying video to "And I Was a Boy from School" cheekily pokes fun at their art school beginnings (also check out the vid to "Over and Over").



: : : : : : : : : :

Go to the Cracks in the Facade main page.

Digg! Del.icio.us!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home