Saturday, December 09, 2006

Happy 60th to Janos of Arabia

That would be my Dad, who's currently doing deals somewhere on the Arabian peninsula (a frequent stop of his over the last couple of decades). Though he might be a supporter of the Republican party today, it was my Dad who turned me into a Democrat when I was just a young lad in kindergarten and first grade. It was the two of us living together, and he was a news junkie, so we had the Watergate hearings on the telly constantly. He also taught me many lessons on social justice and under-the-radar racism that have helped to shape the man I am today.

There we are, both at a very young age (respectively).

Jhanos-withGregg.jpg

I hope that I can impart many of those same lessons and values to my own son.

That's right. Here's the first official confirmation on the blog that Mrs. F and I are going to be having a little guy come mid-March of 2007. I hope the little guy looks as cute as I do:

GregoryNathanSchmitz.jpg

So here's to my Dad on this big day, and here's to the adventure of fatherhood.


1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Congratulations to you both! You've done good. :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home