Sunday, August 06, 2006

Old Fogey's Quotes for Monday

"I don't have anything against helping the environment. But the main driver for us is profit."
Erik Thorsen, CEO Renewable Energy Corp., a Norwegian solar-energy company
How Europe’s big business is going green

“That’s something that separates me from my opponent — I don’t hate Republicans."
Sen. Joe Lieberman, regarding his opponent in the Conn. Democratic primary
Lieberman Defends Iraq Stance in Bid to Win Back Voters

"There's a big anti-Republican wave building. But that wave will crash up against a very stable political structure, and nobody will know till Wednesday morning [the day after the election] which is more important - the size of the wave or the stability of the structure."
Mark Mellman, a Democratic pollster working for several House candidates
Democrats take the House in early polls

"I feel nauseous. This is my ticket . . . out of poverty."
Rochelle Riordan, remarking on new federal rules that won't allow poor parents to count going to college as a form of workfare
Welfare Alters Burden to States


[I may post more later but today is my turn to be the receptionist at the church, and I'm running late]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home