Sunday, January 22, 2006

Blue on Blue

Chelsea 1 - Charlton 1

The mighty Chels ran out of gas against fellow Londoners Charlton, with a 1-1 draw and a red card for defender Ricardo Carvalho (seen at right; it looks like he's gotten his poofy hair finally tamed in a suave cut--see images below for comparison). The big game of the day, however, is Liverpool v Manchester United (ManYoo), who are separated by a point in third and second place respectively. Liverpool seems to have a bit more of the edge with more cohesive play of late. I'm dousing myself in a bath of sports today, with a PPV of that game and a viewing of my hometown Seahawks bid for the Superbowl, as I'm left alone at home with the cats. Mrs. F unfortunately hurried off for Raleigh on a red-eye last night to meet up with her mom and my fellow blogger Old Fogey to see her grandmother (Old Fogey's mother) after having suffered a very serious stroke this week. My thoughts will be with them constantly today.



[UPDATE - 1:50pm PST] Nuts! Just watched the second half of the Liverpool v ManYoo game and was crushed by Rio Ferdinand's late winner for United. Now I'm off to some friends' to watch the Seahawk game.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home