Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Latest Sutton Impact

suttonimpact-051219Back in my halcyon college days at St. Olaf, my pal Ward and I concocted several Christmas-themed films (shot on my grandfather's VHS camcoder) that recycled the old Scrooge/George Baily construct (where a five-year-old character named Ags would enter an altered reality where he'd learn a lesson about the innate goodness about Christmas, oftentimes dispensed by Flashback, the Ghost of Christmas Past Drug Experiences). It's heartwarming to see that Ward is still milking that thematic construct in his latest Sutton Impact strip at the Village Voice.

By the way, I picked up the latest Minneapolis/St. Paul magazine when I was back in town visiting my grandparents, and found a one-page interview with Ward where he kindly mentioned this site as one of his favorite blogs. Bummer that the magazine didn't even bother to mention his book collection of Sutton Impact strips. But I'll do that for them... if you're still looking for the perfect gift for your favorite liberal, Ward's book is just the ticket.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home