Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Don't Mess With This Woman

NPR's Michele Norris checks back in with New Orleans resident and flood survivor Sharon White, who got her first chance to survey the damage in her home. I don't know who she has flood insurance with, but I'd recommend paying:

 
Norris: Are you insured?

White: Yes, I am insured.

Norris: Will your insurance cover the flood damage?

White: Ahh. (laughs) Yeah, lemme tell you about the flood damage. Right now they're going through this thing saying, OK, you didn't have a flood. (laughs) What they're saying is, the dam broke, so the government should pay for that damage. Now, from what I understand, they're in court. But they ain't messing with the right one. They don't know who they're messing with. I've been paying since I bought this house for flood insurance. Somebody's going to do what they have to do. And that's all I gotta say about that.
 


Give the whole thing a listen--it was rather emotional, especially with her recounting how she found out where her missing mother was.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home