Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Another Dissenting Opinion
Harriet the Judge

Salon's War Room notes that Trent Lott is also a bit skeptical that Harriet Miers is the most qualified candidate President Bush could find for SCOTUS:

 
Sen. Trent Lott -- he's a Republican, remember? -- said today that Miers is "clearly" not the most qualified person for the job. In an interview with MSNBC, Lott said that there are "a lot more people -- men, women and minorities -- that are more qualified, in my opinion, by their experience than she is."

Although Republicans in the Senate have cast only a handful of votes against Bush's judicial nominees over the last five years, Lott insisted that he won't take a rubber-stamp approach with the Miers nomination. "I don't just automatically salute or take a deep bow anytime a nominee is sent up," he said. "I have to find out who these people are, and right now, I'm not satisfied with what I know. I'm not comfortable with the nomination, so we'll just have to work through the process in due time."
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home