Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Blues Brothers Defense
Speculation's High, and So Am I--It's a Free For All!

From the WaPo:
Even as Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald wrapped up his case, the legal team of White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove has been engaged in a furious effort to convince the prosecutor that Rove did not commit perjury during the course of the investigation, according to people close to the aide. The sources, who indicated that the effort intensified in recent weeks, said Rove still did not know last night whether he would be indicted.
OK, if faced with the possibility of jail time and/or bringing down the government, I too would be working to exonerate myself if I felt I'd done no legal (though unethical) misdeed. But Rove's a big baby who just can't or won't be straight with anyone as long as he thinks he can get away with something. Sounds familiar, something like out of a movie with John Belushi:
Jake: No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.
You can also listen to this nugget in WAV format.

[ed note: yes, I know I've used this joke before; but it's early and I'm just getting started]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home