Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Let Your Freak Flag Fly

From today's Studio Briefing (over at the IMDB):
Crash contains more incidents of bad language than any film ever nominated for a best-picture Oscar, according to FamilyMediaGuide.com. The website, which claims that it makes no judgments about the content of movies but provides information to visitors to its site so that they can form their own opinions, said Tuesday that the movie contains 182 expletives, including 99 utterances of the f-word. (Since the movie runs 107 minutes, that amounts to nearly one f-word per minute.)
I'm looking forward to this year's Oscars. I usually have an Oscar party, but skipped it last year as the field was just uninspiring (and there were no hobbits to be seen). Seriously, I have no recollection of what else was nominated for Best Pic last year other than the winner, Million Dollar Baby (which I've still yet to see--though it's finally nearing the top of my NetFlix queue). But I've seen four of the five nominated movies, and Mrs. F and I are hosting quite the wingding over at Cracks Centraal this Sunday. I've only got Capote to go to make it a full set--the first time that's happened in several years (Facade Friend AdRov says it's the best of the bunch). Of the four I've seen, I'm torn between Brokeback and Good Night, and Good Luck as the best of the year (Crash was just a tad melodramatic for me, but still quite well acted, scripted, and filmed).

If your tastes run more to the animated and silly, check out this bonus feature from the Oscar-nominated Wallace & Gromit Were-Rabbit DVD, hosted over at Salon's Video Dog (you need to be a subscriber, or sit through a tedious web ad).

Begin cheese acquisition!

: : : : : : : : : :


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home