Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Ganesh Blogging

Alright, the cats are both sleeping in their usual spots, so nothing that interesting this week. And I've been perhaps too focused on blogging about the Katrina aftermath this morning instead of focusing on the large amount of work I've got in front of me. So, I'll call it a day for now as far as blogging goes, and remind myself of the creativity I have inside me with the lil' Ganesh statue that Mrs. F got me for my birthday:

Photo_090205_002

If you're not familiar with Ganesh, here's the Wikipedia entry, and in particular:

 
He is the lord of wisdom, intelligence, education, prudence, luck and fortune, gates, doors, doorways, household and writing. He is the remover of obstacles, and as such it is normal to invoke him before the undertaking of any task with such incantations as Aum Shri Ganeshaya Namah (hail the name of Ganesha), or similar.
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home